Thursday, June 24, 2004

Workin' for a Livin'

I'm on my work break, which I typically just take at my desk. Exciting, I know.

But now that I have this wireless hook-up, which is feeding off of this office's router, my whole world has changed... (Infomercial tone intentional).

Unfortunately, the connection isn't fast enough to hook up to the MLBTV feed (cursed DSL line...). But I have the next best thing: MLB.com's Gameday box. As far as I'm concerned this is by far the best non-audio/video way to follow a game known to Man. They're only about 20 seconds or so behind real-time, which isn't bad. And they've flown past ESPN.com as my following-a-game-on-the-net method of choice.

The only game that I have a choice to follow right now is the Tampa-Toronto match-up. The Rays are well on their way to making up for last night's extra-inning loss. They're up 3-0 already, with runners on the corners and two outs in the first. Ted Lily's ERA has jumped from 3.86 to 4.11 in the past 15 minutes.

End of inning, no further damage done.

If you're a baseball fan (or any sports fan, or fan of anything for that matter), and you like to write, I can't think of one reason not to either run your own site or start up a blog. This technology thing is making it too easy for us.

Back to work.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?